Universal Banker - Laughlin LocationUS-NV-Laughlin
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
This role covers a broad range of activities in the branch including transaction processing, new account sales, customer services, and compliance. Individuals in this position are cross-functional to perform the job duties of both the teller and new accounts roles. This position requires an independent thinker with strong decision making skills that can work with minimal supervision. The Universal Banker is the back-up for the Banking Center Management in their absence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support for both the New Accounts and Teller positions. Is fully cross-functional in both areas and is the "go-to" individual for problem resolution.
- Acts as the Assistant Banking Center Manager when necessary.
- Supports the inside sales and service activities to achieve desired branch results.
- May develop new customer relationships and expand existing customer relationships through the sale and cross-sale of banking products and services.
- Participates in community and/or outside sales events to support the branch/market.
- May complete consumer loan applications and submit to central underwriting for approval and conduct the loan closing once approval is obtained.
- Ensures accounts are opened and teller transactions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures, proper records are maintained accurately and information is entered on appropriate systems and routed to appropriate departments.
- Maintains a working knowledge of bank/branch goals, policy and procedural expertise of deposit and non-deposit products and services, and all current marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- Minimum of 3 years of financial services experience including new accounts and teller/cash handling
- Strong proficiency with banking systems - paying and receiving/new accounts/loans and related programs
- Strong knowledge of paying and receiving transactions (teller) and new account system procedures.
- Strong knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to listen and uncover customer needs
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Solid technical skills (Word, Excel and other job related programs)
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements under the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Credit Check